- In New Brunswick, COVID-19 has been detected in 69 new cases, with the number of people hospitalized as a result of the virus continuing to fall.
- 18 individuals are in intensive care, while another 29 are in the hospital. Twenty-six of them are over the age of sixty.
COVID-19 has been reported in 69 new cases in New Brunswick, with the number of persons hospitalized due to the virus continuing to decline.
According to the province, 77 more persons have recovered from COVID-19, bringing the number of current cases to 752.
18 individuals are in intensive care, while another 29 are in the hospital. Twenty-six of them are over the age of sixty. Eleven persons are using a ventilator. One of the people admitted to the hospital is under 19.
The province said in a statement on Tuesday that “hospitalizations continue to trend downwards from a week ago, while the number of cases in intensive care units remains unchanged.”
Ten of the 47 persons admitted to the hospital for other reasons developed COVID-19 due to outbreaks in Moncton, Saint John, and Miramichi hospitals. The majority of these persons, according to the province, show mild to moderate symptoms of the infection.
According to the government, booster doses are also being made more widely available.
If six months have passed since their second dosage, anyone 50 or older is now eligible for a COVID-19 booster dose of an mRNA vaccine.
“In the following weeks, people in their 40s will be eligible for booster doses, followed by all other New Brunswickers.”
With the holidays approaching, we must be aware of the steps that every one of us can take to ensure that we can spend time with our families and friends securely,” said Health Minister Dorothy Shephard.
According to public health, 82 percent of eligible New Brunswickers are completely vaccinated, with 87.6% receiving their first dosage.
Cases in the classroom
Across the province, there are more than 125 active cases in 53 schools and 24 early learning and child care facilities.
According to the province, the bulk of cases affects kindergarten to Grade 5 schools, with “transmission generally occurring outside of the school context or in instances where Public Health procedures are not followed.”
Dominic Cardy, the province’s early childhood development minister, says the province has seen increased instances in schools over the last week.
In a statement, Cardy said, “We continue to engage with school districts and public health to manage outbreaks.” “It’s critical that students and employees stay home and be tested if they have any symptoms.”
Source: Global News
Get Canada and New Brunswick News’s top News, Market news, and other worldwide news only on New Brunswick Tribune.