New Brunswick Tribune

N.B. COVID-19: 6 people died on Saturday, and 125 people were hospitalised

N.B. COVID-19: 6 deaths were reported on Saturday, with 125 people hospitalised

Key Takeaways:

  • COVID-19 claimed the lives of six people in New Brunswick on Saturday. In hospitals, the virus has infected 125 people.
  • COVID-19 has claimed the most lives in the province in a single day since the outbreak began. In New Brunswick, the death toll from COVID-19 has risen to 207.

On Saturday, six people died in New Brunswick due to COVID-19. The virus has infected 125 people in hospitals.

According to a news release, two people aged 90 and over died in the Moncton region, one person aged 80 to 89 died in the Saint John region, one person aged 70 to 79 died in the Fredericton region, one person aged 70 to 79 died in the Fredericton region. One person aged 80 to 89 died in the Miramichi region.

Also read: Premier says N.B. is ‘on track’ to loosen restrictions by the end of the month

The death toll from COVID-19 is the highest for a single day in the province since the outbreak began. COVID-19 deaths have now reached 207 in New Brunswick.

103 people in the hospital are 60 or older and two 19 or younger. In the ICU, there are 12 people, six of whom are on ventilators.

COVID-19 has infected 74 people admitted to the hospital for reasons other than the virus.

N.B. COVID-19: 6 deaths were reported on Saturday, with 125 people hospitalised
N.B. COVID-19: 6 deaths were reported on Saturday, with 125 people hospitalised. Image from CTV News

New Brunswickers are being urged to get their booster shots.

“We know that some people who are fully immunized and have a booster dose have much greater protection against severe disease or hospitalization from COVID-19,” said Dr. Jennifer Russell, the state’s chief medical officer.

“I strongly encourage everyone eligible, particularly those aged 50 and up, to schedule their booster appointment as soon as possible if they have not by now done so.”

A booster dose has been given to 61.5 percent of those aged 50 and up so far.

After eight weeks, children aged five to eleven who have already received their first dose are eligible for their second dose.

Source: CBC News

Get Canada and New Brunswick News’s top News, Market news, and other worldwide news only on New Brunswick Tribune.

Show More

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.